Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I LOVE Being Right!!!!!!!

So, I heard back from the New York State Department of Labor today and this is what they had to say about my customers walking out on a bar tab and my Employer making me pay the tab:

No, this is illegal. Your employer cannot require that you pay a tab for a customer who walks out, or make a deduction from your wages or withhold your wages for this reason. If so, you can file a complaint with the Division of Labor Standards. Go to http://www.labor.state.ny.us/workerprotection/laborstandards/workprot
/lsdists.shtm to contact your local district office for assistance.

Carmine Ruberto
Acting Director


By: Vincent Hammond
Senior Labor Standards Investigator
New York State Department of Labor
Division of Labor Standards
247 West 54th Street, 6th Floor
New York, New York 10019
(212) 621-0880


I just LOVE being right AND having it in writing for all to see. ROCK ON! 10-4 over and out.

No comments: